Here comes the hot summer! Enjoy the season but beware of the heat.Extended exposure to the harmful rays of the sun raises the body temperature to above 40 degree. The excessive heat prevents the body from coming back to the normal state and this rise in temperature causes immense damage to the internal and external organs. And when this happens, the condition is called heat storke or sunstroke.
Sunstroke is characterized by dehydration i.e.excessive fluid loss from body.This loss of fluid is generally accompained by the loss of salt through sweating.Involuntary painful contractions of muscles in the abdomen,legs and arms are also a result of heatstroke.
- Hot, Dry Skin
- Erratic Pulse
- Muscle Cramps
- Incoherent Speech,Confusion,aggression
Diet Tips To Beat Sunstroke
- Increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.Include fruits and vegetables which are natural coolants,for the body.
- Avoid any food items that are high in salt.
- Drink a lot of fluids like fresh juices or energy drinks.
- Add healthy sources of protein to your diet like nuts,pulses and olive oil as these steady the blood sugar levels.
Recommended Daily Diet –(Summer Time)
Best for preventing Sunstroke.Mango also contains Vitamin C and prevents anaemia too.
An ideal drink to deal with diarrhoea,excessive sweating,muscles cramp,nausea and headaches.Regular consumption of butter milk or yogurt is a healthy way to deal with the summer heat.
Tender coconut water is a natural isotonic beverage.It has the same level of electrolyte balances as our blood.
This Typical Summer fruit helps to combat dizziness or nausea.
Sugarcane juice is a brilliant alternative.It provides the body with natural sugar.
Watermelon and muskmelon:
Watermelon and muskmelon have high water content and high levels of natural sugar.
Onions are natural coolants.
Ways to prevent a sunstroke
- Stay out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid going out at the hottest part of the day
- Avoid enclosed spaces